Here’s How Your Clients Could Reap More from Email Marketing
Email marketing is not only alive, it’s thriving. Think about it, almost every consumer has an email account. An email address is needed to create accounts on various websites and it can help the environment by being the receiver of virtual receipts instead of paper ones. It’s also a great way to compile the latest deals and information from your favorite businesses.
The best part of email marketing, as pointed out in The State of Email Marketing in 2018 study conducted by The Manifest, is that consumers are personally subscribing to the emails. Therefore, companies already know that there’s an interest in this form of advertising.
Your clients can score big increases in key metrics when they use email advertising. According to the study, these include:
- Adding and/or Retaining Customers: 29% of companies use email for this
- Higher Engagement: 22%
- Sales: 17%
- Increasing Brand Awareness: 13%
- Pass on Relevant Information: 11%
- Website Click-Throughs: 10%
No matter what their intentions are, The Manifest’s study found that 69% of businesses still put time and money into email advertising. The most common forms of emails businesses send include:
- Product/Company Updates: 69% of companies send these
- Promotions: 69%
- Newsletters: 68%
- Event Invites: 65%
To make each of these successful, Kristen Herhold, content writer for The Manifest, recommends businesses be open about the types of email they’re sending to customers. On your clients’ subscription webpage, allow consumers to opt into the email formats they want, so that they’ll only get the emails they’re interested in. Otherwise, they may be getting a barrage of emails that will only apply to their wants a small percentage of the time. This will make them less likely to open that business’ emails.
Not sure if your clients’ target audiences are avid email readers? Head to AdMall from SalesFuel’s AudienceSCAN database to look up exactly who falls into the category of profiles such as Email Offer Lovers and New Product Announcement Email Readers.
If your clients aren’t taking advantage of email, it’s about time they learned what opportunity they’re missing out on.
Latest posts by Rachel Cagle (see all)
- eReaders can Bridge the Technology-Caused Gap Between Parents and Children - July 16, 2018
- 85% of Millennials Use OTT Video Services - July 13, 2018
- Business Starters to Promote Pet-Friendly Workplaces to Attract Employees - July 12, 2018
- 3 Easy Steps to Increasing Online Video Click-Through - July 11, 2018
- Credit Card Holders Value these Three Rewards Over All - July 11, 2018