Manage Smarter 07 – Shane Murphy: The Team-led Team Concept
Shane Murphy is a workforce optimization expert and an evangelist of an organizational strategy he calls “Team-led Team.” As the Field Services Group Manager at OEConnection, a Cleveland, Ohio-based company that provides OEM parts software solutions to auto dealership service departments, Shane used this concept to elevate his team’s performance to unprecedented levels.
Shane is an ardent Liverpool supporter and has been a leader in developing youth soccer players in the U.S. So we also draw parallels between team management in the “beautiful game” and business.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Shane discuss:
- How Team Led Team works
- The power of trust
- Letting the team address the team
- The team member characteristics required to make this concept work
- You can get yourself “out of the weeds” by loosening your grip on the team
- As a leader, try giving up control of the meeting and let the team lead
- It’s 100% about results
- Set up boundaries as a leader to designate your work hours
- The goal should be that the boss doesn’t have to tell his/her employees what they should do… the employees should want to do it
“Passing down these philosophies of trust and belief in the people that work with you was the first step.” – Shane Murphy
Connect with SalesFuel:
Connect with Shane Murphy:
Show Notes by Show Producer: Anna Nygren
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Let us help you prove it.
Copyright 2018 SalesFuel, Inc. – All Rights Reserved. This podcast may not be redistributed in whole or in part without the written permission of SalesFuel, Inc.