Manage Smarter 10 – Jordan Blakesley: How One Tweet Can Destroy Your Career or Business
Jordan Blakesley is a Principal Partner at B Public Relations, a Denver-based public relations firm. She has more than a decade of experience, specializing in PR in the travel/tourism, restaurant/food/wine and luxury real estate industries. She has successfully worked with journalists to garner stories in The New York Times, USA Today, LA Times, NBC’s TODAY Show, Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler, Robb Report, Martha Stewart Weddings, DailyCandy, and more.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee, and Jordan discuss:
- A social media/public relations case study involving two slain Ohio police officers and a restaurant owner who tweeted carelessly about their killings. [Full story from 614 Media Group]
- Best practices for managers, leaders and business owners on social media
- Who should control your social media
- Private, personal social media accounts vs. business accounts
- When you own a small business, you represent the business
- If you are the boss, you don’t stop being the boss at social events or online
- How you can be tied to your workplace through personal social media activity
- Avoid the topics of sex, religion, and politics on social media
“You can put something out where you think you are speaking to like-minded folks, but on social media, they can link it back to your company, and you could be talking to the whole world, not even meaning to.” – @B_Everywhere on @ManageSmartPod
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you’ll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.
Connect with Jordan Blakesley:
- Website: https://wearebpr.com/
- Twitter: @B_Everywhere
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BPublicRelations
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jordanblakesley/
- LinkedIn (Company): https://www.linkedin.com/company/b-public-relations-llc/
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
Show Notes by Show Producer: Danielle Taylor
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Copyright 2018 SalesFuel, Inc. – All Rights Reserved. This podcast may not be redistributed in whole or in part without the written permission of SalesFuel, Inc.