Manage Smarter 19: Tom Peters – The Excellence Dividend
Tom Peters is a best-selling author and world renowned expert on business management practices. Peters is co-author of In Search of Excellence—the book that changed the way the world does business, and often tagged as the best business book ever.
Seventeen books and thirty-five years later, he’s still at the forefront of the “management guru industry” he single-handedly invented. Peters is a consultant, writer, columnist, and speaker.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Tom discuss:
- Tom’s newest book The Excellence Dividend
- Tom’s motto “Soft is hard and hard is soft”
- The acronym M.B.W.A.
- The key to culture in the workplace
- The characteristics of a successful team
- If you are the boss you have to spend time with the people who are doing the work, because that is the key to a successful team.
- Culture is not one big thing, but one million tiny little things
- Leaders don’t create followers, they create more leaders
- Celebrate what you want to see more of
“The essence of success in marriage, the essence of success in business is relationships, and relationships take time” – Tom Peters
Join hosts Audrey Strong and Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you’ll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.
Connect with Tom Peters:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/tom_peters?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Tom-Peters-10666812395
- Website: http://tompeters.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Book: The Excellence Dividend
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
Show Notes by Show Producer: Britnie Leverett
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Let us help you prove it.
Copyright 2018 SalesFuel, Inc. – All Rights Reserved. This podcast may not be redistributed in whole or in part without the written permission of SalesFuel, Inc.