New Study Shows Flat Engagement for Small Business Saturday
SalesFuel’s Small Business Saturday free white paper vital to helping businesses boost participation on Nov. 25
Small Business Saturday this year is November 25 and in advance of it, SalesFuel is releasing its free white paper, “2017 Small Business Saturday Shoppers: Helping Small Businesses Compete with Big-Box and Online Giants.” In it, SalesFuel uses data from its 2017 AudienceSCAN® survey to offer small businesses helpful direction for taking full advantage of Small Business Saturday.
AudienceSCAN surveyed 18,996 adults in a manner that is 95% representative of the adult population of the United States. The data found can help businesses prepare this year’s marketing and business strategies going into Small Business Saturday. The research comes at a critical time when the data is showing no growth in participation in the #SHOPSMALL holiday movement.
• SalesFuel’s most recent AudienceSCAN® survey found 23.7% of U.S. adults shopped at a locally owned business on Small Business Saturday in 2016.
• Although this percentage has been flat for the past two years, it’s still a big drop from 2014 – when 28.7% of Americans said they shopped small.
Are small businesses doing enough to promote this holiday-shopping day? Could communities come together in bigger ways to cross-promote local business and present a united front? We at SalesFuel think the small business community is missing opportunities.
“This year a USA TODAY article is reporting that Small Business Saturday remains a success for many small businesses, but it’s critical for these business to promote their involvement,” says SalesFuel CEO C. Lee Smith. “SalesFuel’s purchase intent data and marketing recommendations in this free white paper are more important than ever to assist small businesses in positioning themselves for the #SHOPSMALL event.”
The free white paper includes intelligence on:
• Hot item categories this year,include Facial/Day Spa Services, Stereos/Home Audio, Business Suits and Family Portraits/Senior Pictures
• Tips for small business offering photography or antique sales
• Which items in the vehicle sector are hot this year for purchase intent
• Tying Cyber Monday Shoppers into Small Business Saturday
• Where to put advertising dollars based on devices
• How Small Business Saturday Shoppers search
FOR ALL THE INFO, DOWNLOAD THE WHITE PAPER HERE: http://salesfuel.com/small-business-saturday2017/
About the annual AudienceSCAN survey
From February 17 through March 14, 2017, SalesFuel surveyed an online consumer panel of 18,996 adults in a manner that is 95% representative of the adult population of the United States. 13,364 adults fully completed the AudienceSCAN survey. The margin of error for this study is +/- 0.85 percentage points. The margin of error in segments representing those with particular interests or attitudes will be higher. All online survey interviewees were screened to identify and verify user information, location and demographics and to delete all duplicate/multiple entries. The survey respondents were controlled by geographic region, age, race, income, marital status, presence of children in the household and gender to more accurately reflect the adult population of the United States.