New Video! Advertising Smarter for Building Supply/Home Centers
Episode 54 of Advertising Smarter focuses on Building Supply/Home Centers – – and looks at how you can create the right message, at the right time…using the right media to reach the target audience for this category. Watch this video briefing here, see it in HD on YouTube, or subscribe to see every new episode upon release on iTunes. http://youtu.be/PygILgkUKSM
Building Supply/Home Centers generate most of their business from homeowners, renters and commercial business customers. The good news is home remodeling activity is forecasted to be up significantly – thanks to increased consumer confidence and an uptick in the housing market. Price and proximity to their home are what drive home improvement shoppers to choose one retailer over another.
Baby boomers are a lucrative market, as they are twenty-one percent more likely than adults overall to have spent $10,000 or more on home improvement in the past year. Twenty-seven percent have spent money on landscaping in the past year.
Many home centers are inclined to spend most of their ad budgets on newspaper, direct mail and online banners. But make note, home improvement shoppers are sixty-three percent more likely than the average adult to take action after seeing a commercial on TV and twenty-nine percent more likely to respond to an ad on a social network.
Right time + place
Building Supply/Home Centers typically have their peak-buying season in April, May and June. And Sunday is the day of the week most Americans garden or do home improvement projects. Want to know more? Visit the featured links page on Ad-ology.com. Written and directed by Amy Howerton This video features research findings from Ad-ology’s Industry Marketing Insights: Building Supply/Lumberyard/Home Centers. For even more insights… Ad-ology PRO Subscribers:
- Go to ad-ology.com and click LOG IN to enter your credentials.
- Click on Category Research > Retail/Consumer Goods and select Building Supply/Lumberyard/Home Centers.
- Go to admall.com and click LOG IN to enter your credentials.
- From the AdMall Directory, click on More Local Account Types.
- Select the Retail category.
- Select Building Supply/Lumberyard/Home Centers under Business Types.
- Go to ad-ology.com and click Research Store.
- Click on Buy Now next to the Advertising Smarter reports.
- Select Home Improvement from the Research Category.
- Select Building Supply/Lumberyard/Home Centers from the Industry Type and click Order!
- The cost of this report is $195.