Episode 55 of Advertising Smarter focuses on Butcher Shops – – and looks at how you can create the right message, at the right time…using the right media to reach the target audience for this category. Watch this video briefing here, see it in HD on YouTube, or subscribe to see every new episode upon release on iTunes. http://youtu.be/hWd25iJ3KkQ
With larger grocery retailers cutting back on providing butcher services in-store, the lack of special cuts available has consumers looking elsewhere for their purchases. Butcher shops can improve their appeal to consumers by promoting the quality of their products. Half of shoppers now check the fat and sodium content of meat. They also look for Kosher, smoke house, cut to order, lean and extra lean, organic and any holiday specials.
The average family has four dinners a week that include meat. Foodies and tailgaters can also be prime customers for butcher shops. Nearly one quarter of meat shoppers purchase organic meat products. These shoppers have higher incomes, work full-time, spend more on groceries and frequent specialty food stores.
Today, the top media used by butcher shops are weekly newspapers, direct mail coupons, directory listings, local radio and television, and online. Tailgaters are more than twice as likely as the average adult to look for deals on Foursquare and eighty percent are more likely to download a coupon using their smartphone. Foodies, on the other hand, are twenty-one percent more likely to respond to ads on social networks. The busiest months for food and beverage retailers like butcher shops are May, July, and December. Spring and summer-can be a very lucrative time for butcher shops because of holidays such as July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day and Father’s Day. Want to know more? Visit the featured links page on Ad-ology.com. Ad-ology PRO Subscribers:
- Go to ad-ology.com and click LOG IN to enter your credentials.
- Click on Category Research > Food+Beverage and select Butcher Shops.
- Go to admall.com and click LOG IN to enter your credentials.
- From the AdMall Directory, click on More Local Account Types.
- Select the Grocery category.
- Select Butcher Shops under Business Types.
- Go to ad-ology.com and click Research Store.
- Click on Buy Now next to the Advertising Smarter reports.
- Select Food+Beverage from the Research Category.
- Select Butcher Shops from the Industry Type and click Order!
- The cost of this report is $195.