Episode 56 of Advertising Smarter focuses on Tree Services – – and looks at how you can create the right message, at the right time…using the right media to reach the target audience for this category. Watch this video briefing here, see it in HD on YouTube, or subscribe to see every new episode upon release on iTunes. http://youtu.be/3zqnuLIQYzE
Real estate professionals are urging homeowners to make use of tree services to beautify their home and boost curbside appeal to attract buyers. Tree services are broadening their offerings to include soil management and fertilization, to market themselves as full-service tree care professionals. Consumers are more likely to hire professionals licensed and accredited by a national organization. They should emphasize experience, professionalism and knowledge when marketing their services.
Homeowners are a large market. Baby boomers were twenty-one percent more likely to spend $10,000 or more on home improvement, and twenty-seven percent have had their homes landscaped in the past year.
Ninety percent of the ad budget for typical landscaping services goes to directory, broadcast TV, radio, and newspapers. But more of these businesses are utilizing the Internet, and including social networks to expand their audience. Fifty-one percent of US adults who intend to purchase some form of landscaping services in the next 12 months have seen a sponsored search result or text link that caused them to click, call or visit a retailer. Thirty-seven percent of landscaping service shoppers are more likely than the average US adult to check-in or post their location online from a store or business.
Right time + place
During the warm weather months and during boom construction times is when most tree work is requested. Tree damage from winter storms and ice raises business during the slower winter season. Want to know more? Visit the featured links page on Ad-ology.com. Written and directed by Amy Howerton Ad-ology PRO Subscribers:
- Go to ad-ology.com and click LOG IN to enter your credentials.
- Click on Category Research > Home Improvement and select Tree Services.
- Go to admall.com and click LOG IN to enter your credentials.
- From the AdMall Directory, click on More Local Account Types.
- Select the Consumer Services category.
- Select Tree Services under Business Types.
- Go to ad-ology.com and click Research Store.
- Click on Buy Now next to the Advertising Smarter reports.
- Select Home Improvement from the Research Category.
- Select Tree Services from the Industry Type and click Order!
- The cost of this report is $195.