To Facebook or Not?
Should you be promoting your company on Facebook? Back in the old days – think 2006 – it was all about consumers under age 25. If you haven’t been keeping up with growth on this popular social media site, the latest demographics might surprise you.
Here’s how the user base breaks out by age:
- 13-17 10%
- 18-25 30%
- 26-34 24%
- 35-44 19%
- 45-54 11%
- 55-65 6%
And the company notes that one of the fastest growing demographic groups in 2009 was women age 55+. Meanwhile, female users continue to outnumber male users in all age groups. The company also notes that about 250 million people access their pages at least monthly. If so many consumers are now spending their time on social networking sites, it’s a fair bet that they are not seeing your TV and newspaper advertising.
For a succinct overview of the benefits of marketing on Facebook, check out Kaila Krayewski’s column. And don’t forget that the most important benefit of setting up your Facebook page is that it does not require you to spend cash.[Sources: Inside Facebook; Krayewski, Kaila, Internet Search Engine Database]
Latest posts by Kathy Crosett (see all)
- Are Your Clients Balancing Ad Integration with Customization? - January 19, 2018
- Are Your Clients Spending Enough on Traditional Ads? - January 18, 2018
- Do Your Recognition Programs Have the Right Stuff? - January 18, 2018
- Tips on How to Escape Unproductive Meetings - January 16, 2018
- Are Your Clients’ Ads Connecting with the Wrong Cultural Touchstones? - January 15, 2018