To Facebook or Not?
Should you be promoting your company on Facebook? Back in the old days – think 2006 – it was all about consumers under age 25. If you haven’t been keeping up with growth on this popular social media site, the latest demographics might surprise you.
Here’s how the user base breaks out by age:
- 13-17 10%
- 18-25 30%
- 26-34 24%
- 35-44 19%
- 45-54 11%
- 55-65 6%
And the company notes that one of the fastest growing demographic groups in 2009 was women age 55+. Meanwhile, female users continue to outnumber male users in all age groups. The company also notes that about 250 million people access their pages at least monthly. If so many consumers are now spending their time on social networking sites, it’s a fair bet that they are not seeing your TV and newspaper advertising.
For a succinct overview of the benefits of marketing on Facebook, check out Kaila Krayewski’s column. And don’t forget that the most important benefit of setting up your Facebook page is that it does not require you to spend cash.[Sources: Inside Facebook; Krayewski, Kaila, Internet Search Engine Database]
Latest posts by Kathy Crosett (see all)
- Dentsu Aegis: 2018 Ad Market Revised Up - June 18, 2018
- Do You Know Who’s Buying SEO Services This Year? - June 15, 2018
- Local Advertisers Want Help with Search and Social Media Marketing - June 14, 2018
- Two Tips to Help You Top Your B2B Sales Quota - June 14, 2018
- Managers: How to Stop the Gossip Chain - June 13, 2018