What Prospects Need to Know to Buy Right Now
There’s a reason behind why that hesitant buyer isn’t signing your contract. They just aren’t telling you what it is. Are they delaying the sale because of a competitor’s offer? A budget issue? They think they can get a better deal later? Chances are, they’re not going to tell you without a bit of prompting.
If your prospect is taking a frustrating amount of time to commit to the sale, it’s time to schedule another appointment with them. Then, according to SellingPower writer William Kendy, you need to answer these questions for them:
Why Buy Now?
People buy things they’re excited about, and they buy them ASAP. If your prospect is showing an interest in the product itself, maybe price is what’s delaying the sale. You need to show them the value of buying your product or service right away. Bring up an ROI estimate or hint at how prices may increase in the future. Or, if your company allows it, offer them a deal of some sort. Do what you can to light a fire under them and kick start the sale.
Why Buy from You?
There are plenty of other salespeople out there offering similar products at a variety of price points. Why should the prospect choose to buy from you? How do you go above and beyond to guarantee customer satisfaction? Bring in some examples of other, similar customers who have been happy with your products. Showcase your extended availability to address any and all of the prospect’s needs. And make your meetings personal. Find an interest you both share and start building a sense of comradery from it. There are very few people who wouldn’t prefer doing business with a friend.
This is only a handful of Kendy’s advice. Check out the rest in his article, “How to Kick-Start the Hesitant Buyer.”
Latest posts by Rachel Cagle (see all)
- 72% of Consumers Base Business Recommendations on Social Media - November 16, 2018
- Pet Stores to Target the Owners of America’s Overwhelming Number of Overweight Dogs - November 16, 2018
- 64% of Consumers Choose or Reject Companies Purely Based on Political or Social Stances - November 15, 2018
- Targeting the 92% of U.S. Adults Listening to the Radio Each Week - November 14, 2018
- How to Target the Parents Who Make Up 42% of Power Gamers - November 14, 2018