Marketers attempting to understand consumer habits that influence mobile marketing can get a revealing glimpse into the mindset of the mobile consumer through the newly released "2011 Mobile Consumer Report" from Experian Simmons.
According to exclusive research from Experian Simmons, a part of Experian Marketing Services, 29% of cell phone owners today believe their phone will be the primary device for their entertainment needs in the future. The report provides marketers with vivid insights that they need to prepare for the mobile revolution, including how consumers use their phones to manage social connections, consume media, get information, plan shopping trips, interact with mobile advertising and more.
"The explosion in usage of mobile technologies is an industry game-changer, and marketers need reliable insights to better understand this rapidly changing landscape," said Ken Wollenberg, general manager of Experian Simmons. "This report will help them devise plans that are timely, relevant and more effective in driving incremental sales and building brand awareness in the mobile space."
Other findings from the report include:
- More than nine out of 10 adults, seven out of 10 teens and one out of five kids own a mobile phone
- Fifty-six percent of smartphone owners access the Internet from their phone; 27% watch video
- Thirty percent of iPhone owners want to make purchases in stores using their phone
- Twenty percent of social networkers access their account from their phone
- Sixteen percent of mobile owners downloaded a mobile app last month