Got 30 minutes? That’s all it takes to create a lead-generation blueprint, according to author Mike Gospe. In only half an hour, take the time to create a blueprint of a lead-generation activity to ensure that your agency’s goal is clearly defined and there is not only a promise of leads, but quality leads. Your agency can expect great ROI results by thoughtfully planning the next prospecting event, rather than just throwing something together and holding out hope for a great return. Gospe suggests starting your blueprint by answering the following questions:
- Who is the target audience?
- How do they want to be communicated with?
- What offers do they want/expect from us?
- After they respond to the first activity and offer, what happens next? And what happens after that?
- What happens if they don't respond?
- How will these activities and offers help qualify these prospects?
As you brainstorm answers to these questions, you and your agency may uncover other potential courses of actions or other potential prospects that had not been taken into account—all within 30 minutes! Gospe put his blueprint plan into action with a team of his clients, which led to even better results than they had previously expected. “Success today requires marketers to apply the discipline of campaign development in order to establish a relevant, timely dialog with the target audience,” he writes. “This is the key to higher conversion rates and even higher customer loyalty.” Read his article for more insight into his personal experience with lead-generation blueprints, as well graphic examples.