As the election season heats up, political candidates need all the help they can get to reach potential voters. While newspapers and TV serve as staples of election season ad spending, don’t overlook other forms of media – especially out of home.
The Media Audit reports that consumers who drive more than 200 miles a week can be classified as heavy outdoor media users. Demographics associated with outdoor media use include:
- White collar professionals with household income exceeding $100,000
- Business owners, partners and corporate officers
- Over 40% of Republicans in general
- Higher than average rates of Republicans who live in Columbia, SC and Austin, TX
- Higher than average rates of Democrats who live in Riverside-San Bernardino, CA and Charleston, SC
Keep these details in mind as you refine the pitch you're using to turn a candidate into a client.
[The Media Audit, May 2008]