Internet Retailer Survey Results Point to Opportunity
Online shoppers notice when a site is slow or the shopping cart utility doesn’t function properly. Internet Retailer’s recent survey points out that nearly 73% of web retailers know that poor site performance results in lost revenue. You can help your e‑commerce service provider clients win more business by marketing the right details.
Here are a few statistics from the survey which show where to emphasize service provider strengths in marketing campaigns.
- % of web retailers that use only site responsive to measure performance: 77.3%
- % of web retailers with site down for more than 15 minutes within the past 3–6 months: 21.3%
- % of web retailers that conduct load testing: 41.7%
- % of web retailers who say that new applications such as video affect performance: 43.3%
- % of web retailers who say that broken shopping carts/account log-ins generate customer problems: 44.4%
Share this data with your clients and suggest an e‑mail marketing campaign targeting web retailers.
Brohan, Mark. “Bigger Picture,” Internet Retailer, May 2008