John Stoker is the founder and president of DialogueWORKS. He is also the author of the book, Overcoming Fake Talk. John and his firm specialize in helping leaders, managers, and individual contributors hold the conversations that matter most.
His firm also offers training in other aspects of interpersonal relations, such as emotional intelligence.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and John discuss:
- Fake Talk: What it is and how it harms teams
- Specific phrases and techniques to change how you manage difficult conversations
"Many leaders avoid holding difficult conversations either because they don't know how or because they are afraid of the consequences for doing so. The results are usually less than desireable."- John Stoker
Connect with John Stoker:
- Website: dialogueworks.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/JohnRStoker
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DialogueWORKS/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnstoker/
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: https://salesfuel.com
- Twitter: @SalesFuel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you'll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.
New episodes posted every Sunday morning at ManageSmarter.com, C‑Suite Radio, iHeartRadio and your favorite source for podcasts.