Manage Smarter 111: Is Hire Slow, Fire Fast Terrible Advice?
Micah Rowland isn’t your everyday builder. Maybe because he doesn’t build homes, cabinets, or even the software that he used to as an engineer. As Chief Operations Officer COO of Fountain, Micah builds people, teams, and processes that has taken multiple companies from 50 to 250 people and $5 million to $30 million in revenue.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Micah discuss:
- Why "Hire Slow, Fire Fast" is Terrible Advice
- The top reasons why companies have trouble hiring and firing
- The areas managers are deficient in that cause hiring/firing issues within an organization
- Hiring/Firing techniques for startups
"Often times the biggest impediment to letting someone go is management trying to cope with the hole in their absence"– Micah Rowland
Connect with Micah Rowland:
- Website: https://get.fountain.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/micahrowland/
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: http://salesfuel.com
- Twitter: @SalesFuel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you'll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.
New episodes posted every Sunday morning at ManageSmarter.com, C‑Suite Radio, iHeartRadio and your favorite source for podcasts