Manage Smarter 43: Goal Setting — Rethink It!
Will Pemble is founder and CEO of Goal Boss, an executive coaching certification and leadership consulting firm. Pemble transforms managers into leaders and groups into teams by providing the tools, strategies and techniques to accelerate growth, improve operations and create enduring changes for clients. He previously built and sold Web.com, one of the largest web hosts on earth, and has been building and growing businesses of all shapes and sizes for over 25 years.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Will discuss:
- Why most managers fail goal setting for employees
- Analyzing team performance in sections with custom goal setting for each group
- Revising expectations for goal reaching
- What to say in interviewing job candidates to set goal setting expectations
- Using a One-Page Plan for goals and accountability
"I'm not sandbagging and I'm also not setting goals that are unrealistic. I'm not saying things in the meeting just so that we have a good meeting."Will Pemble
Connect with Will Pemble:
- Twitter: @willpemble
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/willpemble
- Website: http://www.goalboss.com
- Website link to the backyard roller coaster!: http://www.coasterdad.com/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9F1oi-iiMDuruSxeAHJQGg
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/willpemble
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: http://salesfuel.com
- Twitter: @SalesFuel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you'll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.
New episodes posted every Sunday morning at ManageSmarter.com, C‑Suite Radio, iHeartRadio and your favorite source for podcasts