Marketers to Integrate Email and Social Media
In the past several months, I’ve highlighted several surveys that show how most marketers plan to increase both email and social media campaigns this year. Strongmail’s survey on this topic verifies what other surveys have revealed. In addition, 50% of participants in the Strongmail survey also say they’ll be increasing their marketing budget for 2011. But it’s the detailed findings in this survey that make for particularly interesting reading.
For example, the top email marketing initiatives for business executives this year are:
- Increasing subscriber engagement 52%
- Improving segmentation and targeting 49%
- Integrating social media and email marketing 43%
- Growing the opt-in email list 42%
It seems that business owners realize that social media can generate new leads and so more managers are looking for ways to integrate this data with email campaigns. But, there appears to be a bit of a learning curve in this process as the following numbers show:
- Businesses that have already integrated social media with email: 28%
- Businesses that have formulated a strategy and are looking for implementation tools: 24%
- Businesses that don’t know where to start: 19%
Executives also have a better idea of how they’ll invest in social media marketing this year. The top candidates for spending include:
- Facebook 35%
- Twitter 21%
- Viral/Referral Marketing campaigns 22%
- Social Media Management Technology 21%
For now, the social media effort seems to be all about awareness building (63%) and customer loyalty/retention (54%). However, new customer acquisition (41%) and B2B lead generation (22%) are also desired outcomes.[Source: StrongMail Marketing Trends Survey Reveals Positive Economic Outlook for 2011. Strongmail.com. 9 Dec. 2010. Web. 5 Jan. 2011]
Latest posts by Kathy Crosett (see all)
- Three Tips on Managing Negative Keywords for Clients — October 29, 2020
- How to Find the Hidden Leaders on Your Sales Team — October 27, 2020
- Consumers Are Noticing OOH Ads — October 26, 2020
- 63% of Prepared CMOs to Boost 2021 Marketing Spend — October 22, 2020
- Is it Day One for Your Team? — October 22, 2020
Scientifically-selected coaching questions for every rep based on their greatest areas of need. Coach Smarter with SalesFuel COACH!LEARN MORE
C. Lee Smith's first book is a great guide for sales managers, as well as recruiters, who need to identify high-performers (and toxic troublemakers) during their hiring process.BUY IT NOW!
Discover High-potentials. Avoid Toxic Troublemakers.
Don't waste time interviewing misfits. Make your next hire your best hire with SalesFuel HIRE!
Get the latest research and insights from SalesFuel on sales management, coaching, hiring and credibility building - delivered free to your inbox every Saturday morning.SIGN UP NOW!