During the first quarter of every year, SalesFuel sets out to learn more about the people in the United States who are most likely to have similar interests or attitudes about a particular product, service or subject. The purpose of this research is not only to identify them demographically and geographically, but more importantly, psychographically to understand what is in the hearts and minds of these potential customers. This proprietary study, now in its 10th year, has become widely known as AudienceSCAN.
From March 25 to May 25, 2019, SalesFuel surveyed an online consumer panel of 23,158 adults that was representative of the adult population of the United States. 14,726 adults fully completed the AudienceSCAN survey.
All online survey interviewees were screened to identify and verify personal information, location and demographics and to delete all duplicate/multiple entries. The survey respondents were controlled by geographic region, age, race, income, and gender to accurately reflect the adult population of the United States.
Survey questions covered the following topics:
- Purchase Intent
- Chain+Franchise Shopping Preferences
- Advertising Attitudes
- Internet and Technology Usage
- Event Marketing Response
- Cause Marketing Response
- Online Marketing Response
- Search Engine Marketing Response
- Mobile Marketing Response
- Content Marketing/Native Advertising
- Radio and Music Preferences
- Newspaper and Magazine Readership
- Blog Readership
- Social Media Usage
- Pet Ownership
- Television Viewership
- Media Preference
- New Car/Truck Shopping Preferences
- Shopping Attitudes
- Political Interests and Activities