More Marketers to Explore Pinterest
Is Pinterest, the hot new social networking property, ready for marketing investment? It’s a question worth asking as more consumers spend time sharing their photos and ideas there. The Creative Group has done some research on marketer plans and Pinterest and their results show that the site has some work to do before it catches up with the likes of Facebook.
The Creative Group survey was based on telephone interviews with about 500 creative folks – many in the advertising and marketing industry. So far, only 7% of surveyed professionals are actively promoting themselves on Pinterest. Another 10% plan to do so soon. For 17% of executives, the attitude is wait and see. For now, nearly half, 44%, of marketing professionals do not have any interest in using the site for business purposes. That leaves about 18% who say they haven’t heard of Pinterest and 4% who gave no answer. The research did uncover a correlation between large agencies and Pinterest use. About ¼ of larger agencies, those with 100+ employees, are using Pinterest.
Donna Farrugia, executive director of The Creative Group, notes that the very nature of Pinterest makes the property appealing for visual promotion. Pinterest can be a useful tool for agencies hoping to pitch or showcase creative work, especially if they follow the guidelines provided by Creative Group:
- Boards should be organized wisely to lead users through what you want them to see.
- Captions are helpful in explaining content, especially if you’re displaying examples of campaigns you’ve created.
- Engage with other users to build a following as you would on any social media property.
As more creative professionals grow comfortable in the Pinterest universe, it’s likely they will help their clients learn how to effectively use this social network which could extend their brand image in new visual and graphic ways.[Source: Pinterest Interest. Creativegroup.com. 22 Aug. 2012. Web. 14 Sept. 2012]
Latest posts by Kathy Crosett (see all)
- U.S. Ad Market to Grow 4% in 2020 — December 6, 2019
- Disruptor Brands Are Seeking Marketing Assistance — December 5, 2019
- What’s Your Plan for Next Year’s Account Renewals? — December 5, 2019
- Are Your Employee Appreciation Programs Making A Difference? — December 4, 2019
- Do You Know The Best Way to Motivate A Struggling Rep? — December 3, 2019