Westerville, OH (July 23, 2015) — AudienceSCAN, a division of Sales Development Services, Inc. (SDS), announces the release of its 2015 research, delivering vital purchase intent and psychographic data for local and digital media sales, digital marketing and advertising agencies.
The company surveyed more than 14,000 U.S. consumers this year, setting out to get insights into future customers’ purchase intent, personal goals, shopping motivations, and more for the next 12 months.
AudienceSCAN’s purchase intent specifically highlights consumers who are taking action within the next year. The addition of 87 new Purchase Intent shopper profiles this year, including several new event attendees and various B2B planned purchases. – brings AudienceSCAN’s purchase intent library to 420 shopper profiles.
“When it comes to crafting a marketing message in the digital age, traditional demographics are dead,” said AudienceSCAN president/CEO C. Lee Smith. “By using purchase intent to define your audience, you can develop an effective marketing strategy before they begin their customer journey.”
This year’s new purchase intent data reveals many interesting findings, including:
- 3.6% of Americans intend to purchase a smart watch like the new Apple Watch in the next 12 months. Smart watch users are also big soccer fans who are six times more likely to watch Premier League in-person, online or on NBCSN than the average U.S. adult
- More than 96% of those who intend to undergo fertility/infertility treatment already have children under 18 living in their home. 42% of them have taken action after seeing ads at a movie theater – that’s nearly three times more likely than the average U.S. adult
- 18.4% of US Adults intend to purchase a new car or truck in the next 12 months with Ford, Toyota and, Chevrolet as the top brands being considered
- Many of those who intend to spend money at marijuana dispensaries are inclined to fall into one of two categories: young, lower-income males or baby boomers who own luxury cars like Audi and BMW
- 13.3% of US Adults plan to attend a family or class reunion within the next year. This audience is nearly twice as likely to use the services of a personal trainer in the next 12 months than the average American.
“AudienceSCAN reveals the little tidbits that make the audience tick,” says Courtney Huckabay Stone, Audience Engagement Editor for AudienceSCAN. “You can tailor your advertising and marketing campaigns toward their interests because you know what they like to do in their free time, where they like to go, and what things they are planning to do.”
AudienceSCAN also provides customer profiles for more than 250 of the most popular chain stores (like Macy’s, Midas, and Ace Hardware), supermarkets (like Kroger, Trader Joes, and IGA), and restaurant franchises (like Dunkin Donuts, Panera Bread, and Papa Johns.
NEW AUDIENCE PROFILES FOR 2015
In addition to purchase intent, AudienceSCAN has added 142 new audience profiles for healthcare+wellness, digital+technology usage and traditional media audiences. These include:
- 60+ new digital audiences, including more profiles of social media networks and users of local search sites/mobile apps
- 30+ new lifestyle interests such as stay at home dads, birders, political activists and minor league/college sports fans
- Audience expansion of family definition, adding cohabitates, DINKS (dual income, no kids) and domestic partners.
- Addition to audiences in digital category of TV time shifters, two-screen sports watchers and several over-the-top (OTT) video-streaming channels — reflecting a more fractured digital landscape and shorter audience attention span.
“Regardless of how a marketer chooses to distribute their message, they first have to know their audience so they can craft the most impactful message,” said Smith. “AudienceSCAN calls this Strategy Before Storytelling™.”
There are now more than 1,000 audience profiles in the AudienceSCAN database. Profile reports, available in AdMall® PRO and AdMall for Agencies, are designed for the specific needs of media companies and advertising agencies. Dashboard Datasets are also available for marketers to use in their business dashboards.
In addition, AudienceSCAN provides Daily Briefings free of charge through the AudienceSCAN mobile app for Apple iOS, Google Android and Amazon Fire, as well as the AudienceSCAN Today email.
To learn more, visit AudienceSCAN.com.
ABOUT SALES DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
Sales Development Services, Inc. provides the tools, training and intelligence for developing sales by media, advertising agencies and in-house marketers to help them Sell Smarter®. The firm’s core philosophy is to empower its clients to deliver greater value to their clients. Products and services include the AdMall® and AdMall for Agencies product line to enhance the ability of media sales executives and advertising agencies to speak intelligently about every advertiser's line of business and sales-building opportunities. SalesTouch® is the Smarter CRM for Media Sales with predictive analytics for every account. SalesWire® is an interactive pipeline manager for media sales, providing personalized, daily direction for media salespeople. SDS also offers online audience optimization via AudienceSCAN®, SDS also offers an annual, proprietary State of Media Sales Survey™. It is the most comprehensive independent study to identify the current landscape and emerging media sales trends and is widely anticipated within the space. For more information, current thought leadership and firm philosophy, visit our website at SalesDevelopment.com, our Media Sales Today™ blog and learn our 10 Guiding Principles.