NEW AudienceSCAN Research Reveals Popularity of Smartwatches and more
AudienceSCAN announces the release of its 2015 research, delivering vital purchase intent and psychographic data for local and digital media sales, digital marketing and advertising agencies.
The company surveyed more than 14,000 U.S. consumers this year, setting out to get insights into future customersÛª purchase intent, personal goals, shopping motivations, and more for the next 12 months.
AudienceSCANÛªs purchase intent specifically highlights consumers who are taking action within the next year. The addition of 87 new Purchase Intent shopper profiles this year, including several new event attendees and various B2B planned purchases. ÛÒ brings AudienceSCANÛªs purchase intent library to 420 shopper profiles.
ÛÏWhen it comes to crafting a marketing message in the digital age, traditional demographics are dead,Û said AudienceSCAN President/CEO C. Lee Smith. ÛÏBy using purchase intent to define your audience, you can develop an effective marketing strategy before they begin their customer journey.Û
This yearÛªs new purchase intent data reveals many interesting findings, including:
- 3.6% of Americans intend to purchase a smartwatch like the new Apple Watch in the next 12 months. Smart watch users are also big soccer fans who are six times more likely to watch Premier League in-person, online or on NBCSN than the average U.S. adult
- More than 96% of those who intend to undergo fertility/infertility treatment already have children younger than 18 living in their homes. 42% of them have taken action after seeing ads at a movie theater ÛÒ thatÛªs nearly three times more likely than the average U.S. adult
- 18.4% of U.S. adults intend to purchase a new car or truck in the next 12 months with Ford, Toyota and Chevrolet as the top brands being considered
- Many of those who intend to spend money at marijuana dispensaries are inclined to fall into one of two categories: young, lower-income males or baby boomers who own luxury cars like Audi and BMW
ÛÏAudienceSCAN reveals the little tidbits that make the audience tick,Û says Courtney Huckabay Stone, Audience Engagement Editor for AudienceSCAN. ÛÏYou can tailor your advertising and marketing campaigns toward their interests because you know what they like to do in their free time, where they like to go, and what things they are planning to do.Û
AudienceSCAN also provides customer profiles for more than 250 of the most popular chain stores (like MacyÛªs, Midas and Ace Hardware), supermarkets (like Kroger, Trader Joe's and IGA), and restaurant franchises (like Dunkin' Donuts, Panera Bread, and Papa John's).
NEW AUDIENCE PROFILES FOR 2015
In addition to purchase intent, AudienceSCAN has added 142 new audience profiles for health care+wellness, digital+technology usage and traditional media audiences. These include:
- 60+ new digital audiences, including more profiles of social media networks and users of local search sites/mobile apps
- 30+ new lifestyle interests, such as stay-at-home dads, birders, political activists and minor league/college sports fans
- Audience expansion of family definition, adding cohabitators, DINKS (dual income, no kids) and domestic partners
- Additional audiences in the digital category of TV time shifters, two-screen sports watchers and several over-the-top video-streaming channels — reflecting a more fractured digital landscape and shorter audience attention span
ÛÏRegardless of how a marketer chooses to distribute her message, she first has to know her audience so she can craft the most impactful message,Û Smith said. ÛÏAudienceSCAN calls this Strategy Before Storytellingã¢.Û
There are now more than 1,000 audience profiles in the AudienceSCAN database. Profile reports, available in AdMallå¨ PRO and AdMall for Agencies, are designed for the specific needs of media companies and advertising agencies. Dashboard Datasets are also available for marketers to use in their business dashboards.
In addition, AudienceSCAN provides Daily Briefings free of charge through the AudienceSCAN mobile app for Apple iOS, Google Android and Amazon Fire, as well as the AudienceSCAN Today email.