Episode 59 of Advertising Smarter focuses on Video Game Dealers — - and looks at how you can create the right message, at the right time…using the right media to reach the target audience for this category. Watch this video briefing here, see it in HD on YouTube, or subscribe to see every new episode upon release on iTunes. http://youtu.be/u74l6IOa_zs
Video game dealers specialize in selling new and used video games and hardware directly to consumers. Because of the rapid changes in technology, hardware may become obsolete. Video game shoppers prefer to patronize businesses that specialize in a large inventory of the latest games for rent or sale. The top reasons gamers purchase a particular video game include: Quality of game graphics, interesting storyline, a sequel to a favorite game and word of mouth.
The average age of a video game buyer is 35, and 52% of purchasers are male. Just over half of video game players are married, and 86.7% of these consumers have kids at home.
Top advertising media are directories, newspaper run-of-press and online. The Internet specifically is causing a shift in ad spend from print to digital for top games and consoles.
Right time + place
In 2012, sales were highest during the months of October, November and December for hobby, toy and game stores; with nearly one-fifth of annual sales happening in December. Want to know more? Visit Ad-ology.com. This video features research findings from Ad-ology’s Industry Marketing Insights: Video Game Dealers. For even more insights… Ad-ology PRO Subscribers:
- Go to ad-ology.com and click LOG IN to enter your credentials.
- Click on Category Research > Retail/Consumer Goods and select Video Game Dealers.
- Go to admall.com and click LOG IN to enter your credentials.
- From the AdMall Directory, click on More Local Account Types.
- Select the Retail category.
- Select Video Game Dealers under Business Types.
- Go to ad-ology.com and click Research Store.
- Click on Buy Now next to the Advertising Smarter reports.
- Select Retail/Consumer Goods from the Research Category.
- Select Video Game Dealers from the Industry Type and click Order!
- The cost of this report is $195.