Challenge: Learning the most effective advertising strategy for an oil refinery service business
Amanda Robinson, marketing consultant for Sinclair Broadcasting, has sold media for over a year and recently started using AdMall. Before she approached an oil refinery service company located far from her local area, she consulted AdMall’s Local Account Intelligence Report.
“I reached out to an [oil refinery services] company that I found via AdMall who offers their services in the refineries locally,” said Robinson. “They are in Houston, Texas while we are about two hours away from each other. I reached out to them in hopes they would be interested in advertising their services.
“They specialize in providing services to the refineries in our area. They offer services such as hydro blasting and tank cleaning. They also do a lot of cleanup work for the National Guard and other government agencies. Advertising is a challenge that they face now. Trying to figure out what source of advertising works is something that they have struggled with.”
Solution: Use AdMall’s sales intelligence tools to find multiple locations
“I used AdMall to find the [oil refinery service] location information,” said Robinson. “Being able to find the different locations for the company was useful. It gives me insight just to how big the company is.”
“We traveled to Houston to meet with the [oil refinery] company, and they agreed to a month of digital advertising. Being able to utilize AdMall has made it a lot easier to reach potential clients that I may not be able to [otherwise].”
Result: A new client with potential for growth
After taking the time to call on the oil refinery service business in-person, the client agreed to go with Robinson’s pitch. They spent $5,000 on a one-month contract.
“We are currently working on creating the digital ads and banners for the client,” said Robinson. “They have expressed interest in making this a long-term commitment with our company, and the revenue would be so much more with them agreeing to an annual commitment. I loved being able to reach this client in an industry that has not yet been explored in our market.”
Robinson also had tips for any other sales rep who may not be using AdMall or wondering how best to use it.
“I’m a firm believer [in utilizing] all tools you have at your fingertips,” said Robinson. “There could be more or different information on one platform that the other doesn’t have. The more research and information you can have and find out about a business, the better off you are. You want to go into the meeting confident and knowledgeable about what the company offers and what they do.”
AdMall’s Local Account Intelligence Report is available for over 400+ business types and provides a myriad of research from the local, state and national level. It is the baseline report a rep should run before their first sales call that will put them on a level playing field with a potential client.
Everything from market demographics, consumer spending, marketing/budget figures, and top products sold to industry challenges and opportunities and more can be found in this report. If you’d like to learn more about the Local Account Intelligence Report, feel free to register for the next AdMall 101 webinar in AdMall’s Learning Center.
AdMall’s Digital Audit will do a real-time data capture of any client or prospect’s digital presence in less than a minute. Using real-time big data to analyze the account’s activity and findability, the Digital Audit:
- Lists digital advertising, local search, search engine optimization, social networking, and incoming website traffic.
- Provides a digital opportunity score directing you to the accounts with the most revenue potential for digital marketing services.
- Compares the account’s use of digital advertising to the customers who intend to buy what they’re selling in the next 12 months.
- Compares the account’s digital presence to their top local competitors.
- Does in 60 seconds what would take you 60 minutes to do by hand.
- Incorporates data into tablet-optimized sales presentations in AdMall PRO.
Latest posts by Adam Ambro (see all)
- AE Saves Liquor Store Account by Using AdMall en route to $75,000 Campaign — January 25, 2023
- Hearing Aid Center Buys Six-Figure Ad Campaign After Being Presented with AdMall Research — January 18, 2023
- AE New to AdMall Closes TV/Digital Ad Sale with Financial Services Company — January 11, 2023
- Oil Refinery Service Business Buys First Digital — December 28, 2022
- AE Closes $50,000 Home Improvement Radio/Digital Deal Using AdMall Co-op Data — December 14, 2022