Episode 101 of the Leading from the Front podcast discussed the many parallels between sales and leadership; both require a high level of credibility and trust. In high school, C. Lee Smith was a radio broadcaster and newspaper journalist. He quickly realized there was no money in it. He sold some advertisements and discovered he loved selling.
Lee became a sales manager at a very young age and learned through experience this position required a completely different set of skills. The focus shifted to getting to know every little detail about the salespeople he led. This was when he learned to coach even before he knew he was coaching.
Today he helps organizations hire and train great salespeople and sales leaders that build a productive culture to support the organization’s goals. His recent book is SalesCred – How Buyers Qualify Sellers — it is the authoritative book on sales credibility.
Latest posts by Audrey Strong (see all)
- Manage Smarter 206 — Neil Day: Managing Tech Startups — July 17, 2022
- Free White Paper: How to Promote from Within — July 6, 2022
- SalesFuel CEO C. Lee Smith Recognized as “Leading Sales Consultant” for third-straight time by Selling Power — June 21, 2022
- Manage Smarter 204 — Jeff Risley: Marketing with Emotional Intelligence — June 19, 2022
- Manage Smarter 203 — Michael Buzinski: Boosting Revenues with Digital Marketing — June 5, 2022