A national survey commissioned by Erie Insurance found that more than half of U.S. homeowners (53%) are happy with the features they chose for their homes, but the rest (47%) regret one or more of the features they chose.
Tag: home improvement
Homeowners looking to add personality and individuality to their home are more likely to undertake a do-it-yourself remodel than hire a professional, according to the National Association of Realtors 2019 Remodeling Impact Report: DIY. The report also shows that cash-strapped millennials are the most likely of any generation to take on a DIY project.
Insurance Companies Can Attract New Client by Advertising Discounts to Homeowners Who Make These Improvements
"With home-improvement season in full swing, this is the time of year when you might make upgrades that can protect your home from burglaries, fires, and storms, such as hurricanes and tornadoes. According to Consumer Reports, if you take steps to make your home safer, your homeowners insurance company could reward you with a premium discount, depending on what you've done."
Customer satisfaction is highest among home improvement retailers that provide a knowledgeable and readily available staff to address customer needs, according to a new study from J.D. Power & Associates. While location is a primary driver for customers to select a home improvement retail store, it's an outstanding experience that keeps them coming back to the store.
Many homeowners will be looking to create dream spaces with paint this spring. According to a new National Home Design and Color Survey from Sherwin-Williams, seven-in-10 homeowners plan to undertake a house-related project in the next six months. Of those homeowners planning house projects, painting tops the list with 42% wanting to liven up their space with color, followed by landscaping (39%) and redecorating (30%).
2014 is expected to be a big year for new homes and do-it-yourself projects, according to the American Express Spending & Saving Tracker. This year, 16% of those surveyed are planning to move, which marks a significant difference from 10% in 2012. 73% are planning home improvement projects in 2014, spending an average of $4,000.
By many accounts, consumers will be opening their wallets to spend on home improvement projects this year. We’re not quite at the annual spending level that was reached right before the recession, but homeowners are buying more paint and plumbing fixtures and paying for more contractor and architect services. For many marketers, the biggest question is how to connect with homeowners who are considering home upgrades. The Radio Advertising Bureau has published new research showing the big impact of radio ads on these homeowners.
A lot of homeowners have resolved to work on their lawnscapes in the new year, according to a recent survey from the Home Projects Council. The most popular outdoor do-it-yourself home improvement New Year’s resolution project is landscaping in the front or backyard. The HPC survey also forecasts an increase in time and money spent on projects by homeowners in 2014.
More than half (52%) of homeowners plan to make a home improvement or addition this fall, according to a new survey from Zillow. Homeowners plan to spend approximately $1,000, and will continue to focus on home office or playroom remodels in the fall. Overall, younger homeowners and homes with children are significantly more likely to be planning a home improvement or addition this fall.
A strengthening in the housing market over the past 18 months is translating into increased spending on home improvements, and remodeling is expected to continue growing for the foreseeable future. The four-quarter moving rate of change for remodeling activity measured 4.5% in the first quarter of 2013, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, and is expected to rise into the high teens in the near future.
To make the most of their current surroundings, 60% of homeowners plan to make a home improvement this summer. According to a new Zillow survey, outdoor spaces (40%) are one of the most popular summer home improvement projects. Men are more likely than women to hire professional landscape help, 39% versus 32%.