What You Can Do NOW To Drive Sales The Rest of the Year
Salespeople, how has your 2016 started off? As the end of the first quarter nears, you may want to examine how the year has fared so far, and decide what adjustments you should make. Colleen Francis may have some ideas for you. Her recent article suggests 16 things salespeople should do in 2016 for a stellar year. Below are a just a few points from her post:
- Each week, ask for internal referrals. No need to be shy! Plan who you would like to be referred to and ask directly.
- Build out contacts from current clients. Find out who clients’ peers, superiors, and colleagues are and what they do. “Sales acceleration is contact quantity plus contact quality,” Francis explains.
- Create a reactivation campaign by reserving time each week to contact past clients.
- Make just one more call each day—those “one more” calls will add up throughout the year!
- Take time to clean your pipeline. If it already has accounts that will never sign on, it’s time to purge, and use the freed up time to focus on prospects that will bring in money.
- Create a client advisory panel. Who better to brainstorm business improvements with than current clients! Arrange a meeting with clients to discuss how you can serve them better and improve your relationship.
- Take education into your own hands this year. Allot time for learning more about your industry and improving your skills, whether it’s reading a sales book, attending a workshop or watching self-improvement videos.
And when’s the best time to start working on your to-do list? Right now, Francis says. Pick one item from the 16 to immediately tackle and set the tone for the rest of the year!