Your retail bedding clients need all the help they can get to increase store traffic this year. Advertising that targets specific demographic segments of the mattress market is one way to further personalize the mattress buying process and generate consumer interest. A study released by the International Sleep Products Association (ISPA) segments mattress purchasers into the following categories along with the related numbers of years between mattress replacement:
- Mattress Involveds (6.9 years. This groups pays more than any other for mattresses and research their purchase extensively.)
- Sleep Sufferers (9.2 years. This group skews female and lower-income.)
- Healthy and Content (12.5 years. This group tends to be over age 60.)
- Brand Selectors (11.5 years. This brand-conscious group is chiefly interested in the ‘sleep and health benefits' related to mattresses.)
- Apathetics (13.5 years. This group skews male and lower-income.)
In conjunction with Leo Burnett USA, the ISPA suggests that the key drivers for mattress replacement include a desire for higher quality and increased comfort.
Read the rest of the study details and suggest a new marketing strategy to your bedding clients for 2009.[Source: BedTimes, Features, International Sleep Products Association, January 2009]