Jean Latting, DrPH, LMSW-IPR is President of Leading Consciously, LLC, and Professor Emerita at the Graduate College of Social Work (GCSW), University of Houston. Through her organization, Leading Consciously, Jean helps individuals and organizations create resilient, sustainable, multicultural, and diverse settings.
As a consultant, researcher, and educator, Jean focuses on leadership in multicultural and diverse organizations. While at GCSW, the Jean Kantambu Latting College Professorship of Leadership and Change endowment was established in her name by the renowned philanthropist, Maconda Brown O’Connor. Latting received her master’s degree from Columbia University and a doctorate from the University of North Carolina. She coauthored Reframing Change: How to Deal with Workplace Dynamics, Influence Others, and Bring People Together to Initiate Positive Change.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Jean discuss:
- The definition of the racial divide at work
- How to open difficult conversations in the workplace
- Best practices for initiating a diversity, equity and inclusion program in the workplace
“If it doesn't work for everyone, it doesn't work for anyone.”Dr. Jean Latting
Connect with Dr. Jean Latting:
- Website: https://www.leadingconsciously.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeanlattingconsultant/ and https://www.linkedin.com/company/leading-consciously/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeanlatting
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: http://salesfuel.com
- Twitter: @SalesFuel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you'll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.