Jessica Ogilvie, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Marquette University and a researcher on topics including strategic issues related to front line management, sales, and service. Jessica is also the Area Editor for Research Dissemination and Promotion for the Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management. Most recently she was awarded the 2018 Excellence in Research Award by the American Marketing Association's Sales Special Interest Group.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Jessica discuss:
- What generation Z is looking for and how that differs from millennials.
- Tips for recruiting on college campuses.
- Where to find good, young sales talent.
- What level of transparency in a business should be shown.
- How to get the new generation to stay in their company instead of job hopping.
- The new generation wants constant feedback and transparency during the hiring process.
- Hire employees that have a good culture, because that's hard to teach.
- Each new hire has their own struggles.
- You have to have emotional balance and be able to help others with their emotional balance to be high up in a company.
"The biggest challenge that managers have today, is the higher expectations. "- Jessica Ogilvie
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you'll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.
Connect with Jessica Ogilvie:
- Twitter: @jesslogilvie
- Email: email@example.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jessicaogilvie/
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: http://salesfuel.com/
- Twitter: @SalesFuel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/
Show Notes by Podcastologist: Jessie Taylor
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions.You're the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Copyright 2018 SalesFuel, Inc. – All Rights Reserved. This podcast may not be redistributed in whole or in part without the written permission of SalesFuel, Inc.