Manage Smarter 04 – Deb Calvert: Building Organizational Strength by Putting PEOPLE First
by C. Lee Smith | 1 minute read
Deb Calvert is the co-author of the book Stop Selling & Start Leading and author of DISCOVER Questions® Get You Connected – one of the “Top 20 Most Highly-Rated Sales Books of All Time,” according to HubSpot.
She is also the President of People First Productivity Solutions and has been named one of the “65 Most Influential Women in Business” by Treeline.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Deb discuss:
- Management sets the culture, and smart management includes making deliberate decisions about the culture
- Generation Z entering the workforce
- Sales: making connections with buyers
- Leadership development
- Engagement of buyers and followers
- To build a business, build the people
- Too many managers are doing the work of front-line technicians. Too many directors are doing the work of managers. And too many executives are focused on director work, managing functions instead of strategically building for the future.
- If people are being developed but are not engaged in the work they do, that’s only benefiting the competitors they go to work for next.
Connect with Deb Calvert:
- Website www.peoplefirstps.com
- Twitter- @PeopleFirstPS
- LinkedIn- https://www.linkedin.com/in/debcalvertpeoplefirst/
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/PeopleFirstPS/