45% of Female Holiday Shoppers Make Most of Their Purchases Via Phone
"A national study of women ages 18–75 found that female shoppers will continue to push for greater convenience and price value this holiday season, despite a moderate uptick in disposable income, reports BusinessWire."
"The study conducted by daVinci Payments in September 2019 revealed that while 45% of women surveyed report increased wealth and buying power, 43% predicted they will spend the same this holiday season versus last year, 30% indicated they will spend less and only 27% said they will spend more."
"Online shopping continues to grow significantly, as indicated by the following survey results:
- 47% intend to make over 50% of their holiday purchases online.
- 69% are Amazon Prime members, a significant increase from an e‑Marketer study released in March, that predicted 51.3% of households would have Prime memberships this year.
- 52% make at least half of their online purchases from Amazon.
- 52% buy from reseller sites, with designer clothes and accessories being the number one category they purchase.
- 45% make more than half of all of their online purchases from their phones.
- 81% shop online for convenience."
"In spite of their price consciousness, 80% have no idea what they intend to buy or what they want to receive this holiday season. Women shoppers’ holiday season buying decisions may be influenced by rebates and loyalty prepaid rewards, as suggested by the following survey responses:
- 70% would choose a $100 rebate over a $50 instant cash discount on a $500 purchase.
- Loyalty and rebate prepaid rewards are preferred by twice as many participants as PayPal and check rewards."
"In December 2018, daVinci conducted a survey on brand loyalty and drew the following conclusions about female shoppers:
- 84% are more loyal to brands that surprise them with savings offers.
- Price is the top factor when making purchase decisions.
- The majority are neutral between name and private label brands.
- They discover new brands most often from friends and family."
Nearly half of American adults are M‑Commerce Shoppers and, based on this article, it's no surprise that they're highly motivated by deals. About 3/4 of these shoppers agree that emails containing coupons or discount codes are their favorite type of email to receive from businesses and, last year, more than half took action after receiving an email ad, according to AudienceSCAN. Within the last month, 55.9% used the internet to look up discount codes and coupons. Additionally, last year, these shoppers were driven to action by direct mail ads/coupons and ads they found on daily deals sites such as Groupon. Also within the last year, they took action because of TV commercials and both digital and over-the-air radio ads.
AudienceSCAN data is available for your applications and dashboards through the SalesFuel API. In addition, AdMall contains industry profiles on toy stores/hobby shops and department stores, as well as lead lists at the local level. Media companies, sales reps and agencies can access this data with a subscription to AdMall from SalesFuel.