BIA: 60% of Home and Trade Services Businesses to Stay Steady on 2019 Advertising
Your local plumbers, electricians and HVAC contractors tell researchers that they’re happy with the state of business this year. The booming economy means that 60% of these businesses will not be spending more on advertising in 2019. These results are from SAM™, BIA’s Survey of Advertising and Marketing.
The average trade business spends about $37,150 on advertising. Of that amount, $6,040 relates to promotions. The HVAC sector may be especially prone to promotional advertising. These contractors and installers often qualify for co-op advertising support from their vendors who want to sell heating units in advance of winter and air conditioning units in advance of summer. You can find information on co-op advertising programs and limited time opportunities on AdMall from SalesFuel.com.
You should also be talking with these clients about their media mix and how well it’s working for them. BIA findings indicate that the average home and trade service business spends about 48.1% of its advertising budget on traditional media formats. They often deliver items like flyers directly to consumer residences. These SMB owners also rely on direct mail, newspapers and traditional yellow page advertising. They tell researchers that, for traditional media formats, broadcast TV and radio deliver the highest ROI.
Social Media Advertising
Your local trade businesses may not be prepared to increase their ad budgets this year. But, they might want to hear about vendor promotions and how they can reduce the cost of their advertising. They might also need help improving their social media strategy.
Latest posts by Kathy Crosett (see all)
- Does Your Super-Engaged Employee Have the Potential to Become Toxic - August 20, 2019
- Help Your Client Achieve 25% Purchase Rates With These Retargeting Tips - August 19, 2019
- Why Your Past Organizational Changes Failed and How You Can Succeed This Time - August 14, 2019
- How to Avoid Destructive Engagement When Delivering Feedback - August 13, 2019
- Health Care Marketers Moving Ad Budgets From TV to Digital - August 12, 2019