Are you tired of the old standard methods of prospecting? If you are looking to get a bit more creative when seeking prospective customers, there are some ways you can shake things up. Apart from gaining a fresh perspective, it is also important to switch up the prospecting routine to open up opportunities. “Sticking to the same process isn’t always a good thing,” writes HubSpot contributor Aja Frost. “If you rely on the same prospecting methods and never try anything new, you’ll miss out on valuable opportunities.” Buyers are increasingly using nontraditional means of discovering vendors, so it is up to you to adapt your own strategy using creative sales prospecting ideas.
Creative Sales Prospecting Ideas
Have you ever considered creating a referral website for your products, company, and yourself? Having a website dedicated solely to address referred prospects is a creative sales prospecting idea that is a unique and modern way to introduce yourself to a prospective client. Anyone who is referred to you can be directed to this website, where you can introduce yourself, as well as what you sell.
Frost suggests amping up the impact by adding a video to the site. Use the video to make a more personal connection with your prospects. Humanize yourself by sharing some fun personal facts, as well as why you are passionate about what you do. If you are having trouble wording your message, consider answering these questions in the video:
- Why am I in this business?: What made you choose to sell this particular product or service?
- Why do I believe in the work I do?: Talk about how you have seen your company and products prove themselves time and again to clients.
- Why am I with the company I’m with now?: What does your company offer that others don't? What makes them the best or stand out from the competition?
- Why does my company excite me?: Does the company always stay up-to-date with the latest products and services in the industry?
- Why does this work excite me?: What new product or service are you excited to talk about? How can it help prospect's improve their organizations?
You can also ask you current top clients to make videos for your referral site, as well. Hearing about a positive customer experience straight from that person's mouth is the best way to begin to convince a prospective client that you and your product are legitimately worthwhile.
After you have introduced yourself and created a connection with the prospect, it’s time to motivate him or her to take action! Do so using creative sales prospecting ideas. “Give them a valuable piece of content in exchange for their name and email address or ask them to schedule a time on your calendar to talk using a tool like Meetings,” Frost suggests.
This way of greeting referred prospects will be memorable and different from what so many other sales reps do. Plus, it shows prospective customers that you are not afraid to think outside the box. Check out Frost’s article for seven more creative sales prospecting ideas.