Half of SMB Owners Lack a Marketing Plan
Have you been met with the sound of silence after you ask prospects what their marketing plan is? This is the perfect opportunity for you to sell them advertising and marketing services. They’ll be willing to listen after you give them proof: Business owners who spend more time and money on marketing have higher revenue growth. That data comes from Outbound Engine.
Before you pitch your media and services to your prospects, it helps to get into their heads. This year, 62% of SMB owners say they are as stressed about operations as they were last year. Money and time are always in short supply for these operators. Specifically, nearly six out of 10 SMB owners spend five hours or less every week on marketing. Here’s another key detail — over 14% don’t know which marketing tactic they should be using.
SMB owners who participated in the Outbound Engine survey reported having success with these marketing efforts:
- Organic social media 39.72%
- Paid social media 17.22%
- Email marketing 9.72%
- Digital advertising 8.06%
- Traditional advertising 11.67%
- Events 13.61%
Success in marketing doesn’t always equate to optimized ROI. Effective marketing campaigns require significant efforts, especially for people who aren’t professionals in a specific discipline like social media. For 52% SMB owners, organic social media requires a huge effort. These owners would rather be tending to product development and operational efficiencies where they have expertise.
You can sell them more by touting your expertise. Start by running a Digital Audit and then show them how they compare to the competition. The tool is available on AdMall from SalesFuel.com. Once you have their attention, you can propose a marketing plan that will deliver higher revenue and allow them to focus on the aspects of the business that they most enjoy.
Latest posts by Kathy Crosett (see all)
- Are You Practicing Mindful Meeting Management? — November 20, 2019
- Are These Website Flaws Costing Your Clients Serious Business Loss? — November 18, 2019
- Timing Retargeted Ads — The Sooner The Better — November 15, 2019
- Out-of-Home Ads Drive Big Jumps in Cross-Media Exposure — November 14, 2019
- Have You Applied Creativity to Your Discovery Process? — November 14, 2019