Coronavirus has caused layoffs of more than 26 million Americans from their jobs. Are older workers a liability or competitive advantage and if you are an older worker, how can you increase your value to your employer during this unprecedented time?
Patti Temple Rocks is the author of the book called "I'm Not Done: It's Time to Talk About Ageism in the Workplace." She is also a senior partner at a marketing agency in Chicago.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to remote meeting platform strain caused by more people working from home than ever, there is some audio dropout throughout this recording.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Patti discuss:
- Why mature workers are the last ones you should consider cutting
- Conversations to have with older workers in choosing furloughs, layoffs and payroll reductions
- Signs a company doesn’t value older workers
- How late career workers can increase their value amid COVID-19
"The older worker – who may sometimes cost more, comes with incredibly valuable wisdom and experience to navigate and mentor others through difficult times."– Patti Temple Rocks
Connect with Patti Temple Rocks:
- Website: pattitemplerocks.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pattitemplerocks/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/pattitrocks
Build Credibility and Effective Leadership with the Manage Smarter Show:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: https://salesfuel.com
- Twitter: @SalesFuel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/