Michael Stallard is cofounder and president of the Connection Culture Group, a leadership training and consulting firm based in Greenwich, Connecticut. He gives consults with a wide variety of business, government, healthcare and education organizations including: Costco, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NASA, the U.S. Treasury Department and Turner Construction Company. Texas Christian University founded the TCU Center for Connection Culture based on Michael and his colleagues’ work.
Michael is the primary author of the book Connection Culture: The Competitive Advantage of Shared Identity, Empathy and Understanding at Work. Articles by Michael and about his work have appeared in business periodicals worldwide.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Michael Stallard discuss:
- Task excellence
- How Michael defines culture
- Vision, value, and a voice
- Measuring the ROI of company culture
- Culture should be thought of as attitudes, language, and behavior
- There are three types of cultures: cultures that make people feel controlled, cultures that make people feel that those around them are indifferent, and cultures that make people feel connected
- The #1 thing managers do to negatively affect a company is muffling the voice of the employees' opinions of the company
- Our environment affects the neurotransmitters in our brain, brain activity, hormones that flow throughout our body — too much stress leaves us in a fight or flight stage, causing rash decision-making
"Unless we're intentional about relationship excellence in addition to task excellence, then the failure to create those strong working relationships will come back in and sabotage your performance."— Michael Stallard
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you'll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.
Connect with Michael Stallard:
- Website: www.MichaelLeeStallard.com http://connectionculture.com/
- Twitter: @michaelstallard
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/michaelleestallard/
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: http://salesfuel.com/
- Twitter: @SalesFuel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/
Show notes by show producer: Anna Nygren
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions.You're the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Copyright 2018 SalesFuel, Inc. – All Rights Reserved. This podcast may not be redistributed in whole or in part without the written permission of SalesFuel, Inc.