Mark Minard is an author, podcast host and founder/CEO of Dreamshine, an agency in Ohio serving individuals with special needs. From jail at age 17, to CEO at age 26, Minard, has built his company to a multi-million dollar company over the past 11 years plus, literally starting with his office in a barn. Minard likes to say he's an "ordinary dude with extraordinary faith" who believes all things are possible. He also knows how to do it all while proudly being married and a father of 5.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Mark discuss:
- How did Mark go from waking up in jail to becoming successful?
- What does it mean when you are too fast to hire, and slow to fire?
- What is the importance of culture in a business?
- We live in a free country. You have the right to work where you want and quit when you want.
- The importance of knowing that everyone goes through fear and doubt, and it can be overcome.
- Everyone needs to understand that they all play a major role in the job force.
- Culture is everything. It takes time to build, but a great culture will make or break your company no matter what the size in the long run.
- Create a culture mentality of when in doubt over-communicate. Never allowing unresolved conflict to drag on.
"You can lead from anywhere you are. I've seen people that aren't managers that influence the team in positive ways." — Mark Minard
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you'll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.
Connect with Mark Minard:
- Twitter: @Mark_Minard
- Facebook: facebook.com/MarkMinard
- Website: Markminard.net
- Book: The Story Of You
- Free Master Class: Elevatingbeyondinbusiness.com/landing
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn.com/markminard
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: http://salesfuel.com/
- Twitter: @SalesFuel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/
Show Notes by Podcastologist: Danielle Taylor
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You're the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Copyright 2018 SalesFuel, Inc. – All Rights Reserved. This podcast may not be redistributed in whole or in part without the written permission of SalesFuel, Inc.