Dr. Paul White is a psychologist, author, speaker, and consultant who makes work relationships work. He is the coauthor of three books including, The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace, written with Dr. Gary Chapman (author of the #1 NY Times bestseller, The 5 Love Languages), which has sold over 250,000 copies.
Based on their extensive research and expertise, Dr. White and Dr. Chapman have developed a unique way for organizations to motivate employees that leads to increased job satisfaction, higher employee performance, and enhanced levels of trust.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Paul discuss:
- Why managers struggle seeing the personhood in their employees
- The difference between recognition and appreciation
- How much should be budgeted
- How should managers best show their appreciation and how often
- The five languages of appreciation
- Today's managers must learn how to lead people
- Not everyone feels appreciated in the same way
- Some people don't like being recognized in front of a huge crowd
- Free up time for your employees to get to know each other
- The 1% of payroll allocation for recognition guideline is rubbish.
"It matters more how you show the appreciation, rather than how much you show it."— Dr. Paul White
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you'll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.
Connect with Dr. Paul White:
- Twitter: @drpaulwhite @appreciationat
- Facebook: Dr. Paul White, Appreciation at Work
- Website: www.appreciationatwork.com
- LinkedIn: Dr. Paul White, Appreciation at Work
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: http://salesfuel.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/
Show notes by podcastologist: Jessie Taylor
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You're the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Copyright 2018 SalesFuel, Inc. – All Rights Reserved. This podcast may not be redistributed in whole or in part without the written permission of SalesFuel, Inc.