Manage Smarter 87: Being an Honest Broker of Information
Jan Allen is an Executive Coach and Life Strategist, as well as co-managing partner of Business of People. Jan is hired by people restless for their next level of success and ready to tackle whatever is in the way.
In addition to serving in an executive role for two Ohio governors, Jan launched and led successful public affairs and public relations businesses. She holds a bachelor’s degree in political science, a master’s degree in social work, and a juris doctor from the Moritz College of Law, all from The Ohio State University, and is a graduate of the Gestalt Institute of Central Ohio’s three-year post-graduate training for therapists, and Coach U.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Jan discuss:
- The concept of an Honest Broker and it's value
- Why YOU as a leader want to vet and make sure your critical staffers are Honest Brokers
- How the concept is critical to being a better leader
- Tips for building team relationships vs. discipline
- How Jan learned the value of being an honest broker as staff within two Ohio Governor’s Offices
"We’re human so we’re always going to tell stories from our own point of view but if we’re really going to deal sort of the most directly and honestly in the business and not try to manage information to get the outcome that we want then we need to be honest brokers"- Jan Allen
Connect with Jan Allen:
- Website: businessofpeople.net
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jan-allen2019/
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: http://salesfuel.com
- Twitter: @SalesFuel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you'll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.
New episodes posted every Sunday morning at ManageSmarter.com, C‑Suite Radio, iHeartRadio and your favorite source for podcasts.