"To win the hearts of customers, e‑commerce retailers need to minimize one particular cost, says Chain Store Age."
"According to the fourth annual 'Reimagining Commerce' global survey from omnichannel marketing platform provider Episerver, a leading 76% of respondents would be dissuaded from making a planned online purchase if shipping was too expensive. This response was significantly more popular than the next two most popular reasons — slow website load times (57%) and bad product descriptions (52%)."
"Not surprisingly considering attitudes toward shipping cost, a substantial majority of consumers now expect free online shipping. Breaking down responses by country, the study found that 82% of U.S. consumers expect free shipping (the most of any country surveyed). Free returns (55%) and ability to track shipments (51%) followed."
"Other key findings taken from global responses include:
- 53% of those who said they shop online every day rely on their smartphones. Of the most frequent shoppers (once per day), nearly half (48%) have significantly increased their reliance on their smartphones for shopping in the last year.
- Well over half of millennials (58%) default to smartphones when shopping online, followed by Gen Z at 49%, Gen X at 48% and baby boomers at just 18%.
- On average, one-fifth of consumers have made purchases directly because of a social media influencer’s product post. But 50% of Gen Z shoppers and 48% of millennials have purchased products either directly by clicking on a post or later on as a result of the influencer’s endorsement.
- 62% of respondents feel that companies should place the same priority on personalized experiences in 2020 as they did in 2019. At the same time, 25% feel that brands and retailers should make respecting their anonymity online a higher priority.
- Over 80% of respondents in each of the five countries surveyed said they’re most likely to be on the couch when shopping online."
48.6% of American adults have used a mobile device to purchase a product within the last six months, according to AudienceSCAN on AdMall by SalesFuel. Also within the last six months, 72.2% of M‑Commerce Shoppers used a search engine to research a product they were considering.
AudienceSCAN data is available for your applications and dashboards through the SalesFuel API. In addition, AdMall contains industry profiles on women's apparel stores and department stores, as well as lead lists at the local level. Media companies, sales reps and agencies can access this data with a subscription to AdMall from SalesFuel.