Three Steps to Trade Show Success
Did you know that 77% of executive decision makers found at least one new supplier at the last trade show they attended? Trade shows hold a lot of opportunity for new business, but reps need to work for that new business. Alice Heiman, in a blog post, presents a fool-proof strategy for getting the most out of a trade show. She explains that many reps walk away from shows feeling like they were a waste of time and money, but it doesn’t have to be that way. She believes her specific, three-step plan that will help you avoid any show disappointment.
The three steps are:
CREATE: What you do before the event to plan and prepare.
DOMINATE: What you do during the event to stand out from the crowd.
GENERATE: What you do after the event to generate revenue.
She goes on to describe the process of each step, starting with the process of creating. The time before a show is just as important as the time spent in attendance. In fact, Heiman believes “the key to ensuring success at a trade show is to plan ahead.” Take some time to sit down and go over the following to create a winning plan:
- What results do you hope to get? What goals do you want to achieve?
- How do you want to stand out from other sellers?
- In what ways can you connect with prospects before the show?
- Plan how you will follow up with leads after the show.
These steps will lay the groundwork for a successful event. You’ll go into the show fully prepared and can therefore devote all of your attention to networking and lead generation. Check out the other two steps Heiman shares, which will help you dominate the event and then generate deals from all of those leads!
Latest posts by Jessica Helinski (see all)
- Genius Responses to Sales Timing Objections - July 16, 2019
- You CAN Master Upselling & Cross-Selling! Here’s How - July 10, 2019
- Avoid This Phrase When Following Up - July 9, 2019
- To Sell More At Salons, Understand Why Clients Say “No” - July 3, 2019
- Do This to Communicate Better With Prospects - July 2, 2019