How would you rate the strength of your client’s online presence? Hopefully, it’s strong. According to Statista, consumers spend an average of 503 minutes (nearly 8.5 hours) consuming digital media every single day. And that’s just part of an upward trend that’s existed since at least 2011 and will continue to grow. Meanwhile, time spent with traditional media has been steadily declining to less than 300 minutes per day. Here’s what you can do to help your client take up more of those digital minutes.
Why a Strong Online Presence is Important to Your Client’s Business
Focus on the Most Effective Digital Ad Channels
According to Nielsen’s 2023 Annual Marketing Report, not all digital ad channels are created equal. Here are the digital marketing channels marketers say are the most effective, in order:
- Social Media: 62% of marketers say social media is either extremely effective or very effective
- Online and Mobile Video: 58%
- Search: 57%
- Online and Mobile Display: 57%
- Email: 50%
- OTT/CTV: 49%
- Native Advertising: 48%
- Podcasts: 45%
- Streaming Audio: 44%
So, in order to make your client’s online presence as strong as possible, their next campaign should focus on these digital ad media types.
Increase ROI and Get Ahead of the Competition
“Under-spending is even higher in the digital channels where engagement is rising,” says Nielsen. That means that brands are sacrificing increased ROI for immediate savings on advertising. While that’s terrible for the brands doing the underspending, it gives your client a huge advantage over their underspending competitors.
The digital media formats your client should invest more into that boost both ROI and their online presence are:
- Digital Video: 66% of plans are underinvested, yet there’s a 51% median growth opportunity from increasing investment to this media type
- Digital Display: 60% of plans are underinvested, yet there’s a 59% median growth opportunity from increasing investment to this media type
- Social Media: 43% of plans are underinvested, yet there’s a 44% median growth opportunity from increasing investment to this media type
- TV: 31% of plans are underinvested, yet there’s a 53% median growth opportunity from increasing investment to this media type
Target the Right Audience
Of course, you can’t properly conduct online presence management and boost ad effectiveness without audience data. After all, how can you improve these details if your client’s ads and content aren’t reaching the people who will find them useful?
According to Nielsen, “only 23% of marketers strongly agree that they have the quality audience data they need to get the most out of their media budgets.” You can help with that.
Simply look up the name of your client’s target audience in AudienceSCAN on AdMall by SalesFuel. On their AudienceSCAN profile, you can find all the demographic information you need to make ads that will appeal to them, including:
- Basic demographic information (age, gender, average household income, etc.)
- Their personal interests (e.g., hobbies like cooking, reading, gaming, etc.)
- How they identify themselves (e.g., fitness level, diets they practice, etc.)
- Their favorite types of movies, music, etc. (could be useful in designing ads)
Which Ads Work Best for Your Client’s Target Audience?
Added bonus: On their AudienceSCAN profiles, you can also see which types of ads different percentages of the audience(s) have responded to within the last year, as well as:
- What social media platforms they’re active on
- What types of searches they conduct
- How they feel about different types of ads and media types
- And more!
With all that audience information, you’ll be able to tell exactly who is looking at what types of ads, so you and your client can plan a super effective and visible digital ad campaign.
Photo by krakenimages