Heather Monahan is the CEO of her own company Boss In Heels and author of the book Confidence Creator — which reveals the essential techniques for building confidence and becoming your most powerful self. Heather was recently named the Brand Ambassador for Perry Ellis International’s female brand Rafaella. Previously, she was the Chief Revenue Officer for Beasley Communications, where she was recognized as a Glass Ceiling Award winner as one of the Most Influential Women in radio in 2017.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee, and Heather discuss:
- Heather's personal story and personal brand
- The need for resilience in management
- Challenges of being a female in C‑Suite
- Building your personal brand
- Whenever you're a leader, you're going to be a target
- Going through challenges gives you the opportunity to use your voice, stand in your power and not back down, no matter what that means
- It's critical to build your personal brand, speak your own narrative, and follow your own passions and beliefs
- Real leadership is about collaboration and checking egos at the door
"I wanted to be a resource for that girl that I used to be, because I didn't have a female mentor… that was really the goal that I had in mind when I launched my personal brand." — @_heathermonahan on @ManageSmartPod
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you'll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.
Connect with Heather Monahan:
- Website: https://www.heathermonahan.com/
- Twitter: @_heathermonahan
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heathermonahanofficial
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: http://salesfuel.com/
- Twitter: @SalesFuel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/
Show notes by show producer: Danielle Taylor
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You're the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
Copyright 2018 SalesFuel, Inc. – All Rights Reserved. This podcast may not be redistributed in whole or in part without the written permission of SalesFuel, Inc.