Manage Smarter 113: The Beauty of Conflict — Harnessing Your Team’s Competitive Advantage
CrisMarie Campbell, an Olympic rower, and Susan Clarke, a former marriage therapist and Equus coach, are the authors of The Beauty of Conflict: Harnessing Your Team’s Competitive Advantage and The Beauty of Conflict for Couples. They also have a podcast with the same name, "The Beauty of Conflict," for dealing with conflict at work and at home.
As partners in work and life for over two decades, they’ve adapted their proven step-by-step process honed working with Fortune 100 Companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Microsoft, AT&T and San Francisco Giants to help long-term couples use conflict as a catalyst to greater intimacy, passion, and fulfillment. Their work and expertise have been featured in notable outlets like The Today Show, NBC, and Shape.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee, Susan and CrisMarie discuss:
- Loud vs. Silent – Who is more upset amid conflict?
- How to recognize you’re conflict averse and learn the value of embracing conflict
- How tackling conflict can boost your team and create more powerful alliances
- “Heard and Considered” Technique of Management
"Managers don’t have the real discussion on their team because it seems inefficient. They don’t think they have the time. This is an excuse to have a 10-minute sweaty palm conversation that would build trust if they did."– CrisMarie Campbell and Susan Clarke
Connect with CrisMarie Campbell and Susan Clarke:
- Website: http://www.thriveinc.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thriveincmt
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/crismarie-campbell-b691651/ and https://www.linkedin.com/in/susan-clarke-5618004/
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: http://salesfuel.com
- Twitter: @SalesFuel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you'll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.
New episodes posted every Sunday morning at ManageSmarter.com, C‑Suite Radio, iHeartRadio and your favorite source for podcasts