Manage Smarter 117: Preparing for the Coronavirus Recession
Jonathan Slain’s book, “Rock the Recession: How Successful Leaders Prepare For, Thrive During, and Create Wealth After Downturns” came out in September 2019 and is a #1 Amazon Best Seller. His tips are especially relevant today as the world heads into recession due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Jonathan coaches high growth leadership teams across the United States to implement the Entrepreneurial Operating System® also known as “Traction.” He focuses on working with entrepreneurial niche/specialty firms and large corporations ($10M+ in annual revenue), spending over 100 days per year working with teams just like yours.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to remote meeting platform strain caused by more people working from home than ever, there is some audio dropout throughout this recording.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Jonathan discuss:
- What kind of recession we are currently in
- How to measure your “Recession Readiness”
- How to organize a tier system for furloughs or layoffs
- Opportunities that can occur in difficult economic times
"I’m looking at the CDC Bulletins and the economy will be operating at severely reduced levels for several months. We’re hearing a 25% drop in GDP."– Jonathan Slain
Connect with Jonathan Slain:
- Website: www.recession.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/rock-the-recession/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/RockRecession
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RockTheRecession/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rocktherecession/
- RECESSION READINESS QUIZ at https://report.recession.com/lastform/1
- PROMO CODE: SalesFuel at www.recession.com/shop to get 25% off the Rock the Recession workbook
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: http://salesfuel.com
- Twitter: @SalesFuel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you'll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.
New episodes posted every Sunday morning at ManageSmarter.com, C‑Suite Radio, iHeartRadio and your favorite source for podcasts