Neil Sahota is an IBM Master Inventor, United Nations (UN) artificial intelligence (AI) Advisor, author of the book Own the A.I. Revolution, and Professor at UC Irvine.
Over his 20+ year career, Neil has worked with enterprises on the business and marketing strategies to create next generation products/solutions powered by emerging technology as well as helping organizations create the culture, community, and ecosystem needed to achieve success such as the U.N.’s AI for Good initiative.
Neil also actively pursues social good and volunteers with nonprofits. He is currently helping the Zero Abuse Project prevent child sexual abuse as well as Planet Home to engage youth culture in sustainability initiatives.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Neil discuss:
- What artificial intelligence actually is, and what it isn't
- Ways you can use AI and your resources for social good
- Why promoting incompetent people is a common leadership mistake
- How to tell when a product is legitimately AI or just an inflated marketing claim
- Organizations that facilitate you getting involved in using AI for social good
To hear how Neil thinks AI will affect the sales profession, check out this week's Extra Point on LinkedIn
"One of the things we're working on is a project where you create an AI buddy so to speak that gives people an outlet to communicate so if they are feeling lonely"– Neil Sahota
Connect with Neil Sahota:
- Website: https://www.neilsahota.com/
- Book: https://www.neilsahota.com/smarter/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/neilsahota/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/neil_sahota
Build Credibility and Effective Leadership with the Manage Smarter Show:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: https://salesfuel.com
- Twitter: @SalesFuel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/