Jim McCarthy, started his career in the e‑commerce business back in 1997, has almost 20 years experience in live events, has sold tens of millions of tickets to millions of people, co-founded TEDxBroadway, advises entrepreneurs, co-founded Goldstar Events and Stellar Tickets, and is the CEO of both companies.
His current mission is to enable artists and organizations to create high quality online content — helping them find success in this new era where online events are transforming the entertainment landscape.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Jim discuss:
- New ways to produce events that boost engagement in COVID-19
- Making your online events as engaging as a live event
- Creating a culture of quality in online events
- Producer/Moderator priorities to inject more energy into online events
"These have to be more participatory by design. You can’t allow people to be able to tune out just because the structure doesn’t demand that they do anything."– Jim McCarthy
Connect with Jim McCarthy:
- Website: https://www.stellartickets.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jcmccarthy/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/goldstar
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/goldstar
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: http://salesfuel.com
- Twitter: @SalesFuel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you'll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.
New episodes posted every Sunday morning at ManageSmarter.com, C‑Suite Radio, iHeartRadio and your favorite source for podcasts