Kevin Maney is a bestselling author, award-winning columnist, and partner at Category Design Advisors (CDA). His critically-acclaimed book, Play Bigger: How Pirates, Dreamers and Innovators Create and Dominate Markets, introduced business to the idea of category design and has sold more than 150,000 copies worldwide.
As a founding partner of CDA, Maney has helped leadership teams at hundreds of companies all over the world focus their strategic thinking through category design. Maney has been a contributor to Newsweek, Fortune, The Atlantic, Fast Company, CNN and ABC News, among other media outlets. He was a contributing editor at Conde Nast Portfolio during its brief run from 2007 to 2009. For 22 years, Maney was a columnist, editor and reporter at USA Today.
In this podcast for sales managers and sales leaders, Audrey, and Kevin discuss:
- The role of artificial intelligence/AI and how it can help define your category
- Why AI is the new electricity of creating new categories of products and services
- Concerns about AI and opportunities for growth
- Class category design and how it defines what the new problem is that you are trying to solve
- The hottest new business categories for future growth
"The #1 mistake managers make is they don't clearly define the problem that their product solves and why it matters to the target persona.”Kevin Maney
Connect with Kevin Maney:
- Website: categorydesignadvisors.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinmaney/