Manage Smarter 85: Bridging the C‑Suite Gender Gap
This week's episode is the first of a two-part interview with one of my favorite people. Tricia Benn is the Executive Vice President of the C‑Suite Network and General Manager of The Hero Club, an invitation-only membership organization for CEOs, founders and investors.
In addition to sitting on multiple business, associations and not-for-profit boards, Benn served as a senior executive for three enterprise-level organizations in market research, telecommunications, media marketing, and advertising.
As Global Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer and U.S. Managing Director within MDC Partners, a $3 billion global holding company, Benn’s leadership drove double digit growth year-over-year and new contracts with some of the most important impact players in the world.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Tricia discuss:
- Tips for C‑Suite women on how to compete
- What executive women need to start doing and stop doing
- The Hero Leadership Model
- Playing on the same playing field to bridge the gender gap
"Being a woman executive I’ve really just had my nose to the grindstone and worked like a maniac. You have to compete with men."- Tricia Benn
Connect with Tricia Benn:
- Websites: heroceoclub.com and c‑suitenetwork.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/triciabenn/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/triciabenn
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TriciaBennHero/
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
- Website: http://salesfuel.com
- Twitter: @SalesFuel
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/salesfuel/
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you'll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.
New episodes posted every Sunday morning at ManageSmarter.com, C‑Suite Radio, iHeartRadio and your favorite source for podcasts.